My friend Greg sat with me a few months ago and shared some wisdom about his journey as a consultant and real estate agent. He said, “most days the greatest battle is right between your ears.” That stuck with me. I’m so aware of my ability to rise or fall on the words of my “self-talk.”
With that in mind, I found myself writing out some rejection statements today and I wanted to share them with you. You see if I want my soul to be in a healthy place I have to let go of a few types of negative thinking.
On our journey towards a healthy outlook, here are 5 mindsets to reject:
- I reject defeatism – I serve the God who conquered the grave. I’ll go ahead and trust His ability to conquer whatever is in front of me.
- I reject the feelings of being incapable or unable – God leads me and uses me – I am not on my own, I am partnering with the God of all creation.
- I reject insecurity – I am valued and defined by the One who paid the highest price for me.
- I reject self-protection – the greatest joy and impact I will experience is connected to my ability to be known, humble and vulnerable.
- I reject passivity – I will move forward boldly instead of holding back in hesitation.
Praying that you and I would have a week of great impact while maintaining a healthy soul.